Thursday, September 20, 2007

Regina Spektor - Real Love (Lennon cover live at Ram's Head)

I just saw Regina again last night at Rams Head in Baltimore. Last time I saw her at 9:30 Club with a band and she was on keyboard. This time she was solo with a grand piano. Both concerts were awesome and different, but this time I knew her songs a lot better. Her rendition of "Us," "Field Below," and the John Lennon cover "Real Love" moved me to tears. Plus her acoustic "Hotel Song" duet with Only Son beatboxing was impressive (see below).

I can't tell you how many hours I've spent in the car over the past year listening to the Regina mix CD I made. Andy's listened to it so many times he'd internalized the songs to the point where he couldn't tell them apart until a few seconds into the song. I'm so happy to have discovered her at her creative peak.

No comments: