Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Life: The Soundtrack

This was an interesting and fun little exercise...what music matters most to me? What songs best describe certain landmark moments? This list took me forever because I had to cut so many songs and try really hard not to repeat artists, because as much as I wanted to include multiple songs from certain bands - Nada Surf, for example - I wanted to best represent the array of music that I listen to. I'd say compared to some people, the list of artists I listen to regularly is small. Some of these songs I haven't listened to in years, but they were a big part of my life at some point and were worth including. So here it is, my life as a soundtrack! Try it for yourself and see what you come up with!


My Life: The Soundtrack

Opening credits: The New Year – Death Cab for Cutie
Waking up: Little Plastic Castle – Ani Difranco
Average day: Hand in my Pocket – Alanis Morissette
First date: That Sunday, That Summer – Nat King Cole
Falling in love: Such Great Heights - Postal Service
Love scene: Let Go - Frou Frou
Fight scene: Paper Boats – Nada Surf
Breaking up: Ojala – Silvio Rodriguez
Getting back together: I Believe – Stevie Wonder
Secret love: Tan tranquila – Pauline en la Playa
Life's okay: Change Your Mind – The Killers
Mental breakdown: Window - Fiona Apple
Driving: Sideral - Macaco
Learning a lesson: Ghost of Corporate Future – Regina Spektor
Deep thought: Comptine d'un autre été - Yann Tiersen (from Amelie)
Flashback: Name – Goo Goo Dolls
Partying: Legalize it – Sean Paul
Happy dance: Mushaboom - Feist
Regretting: Wise Up – Aimee Mann
Long night alone: Gone to the Movies - Semisonic
Death scene: Lullaby – Billy Joel
Closing credits: New World - Bjork

1 comment:

reymono said...

You did it...a soundtrack for your life! And i think is quite consistent. Perhaps the only one who i miss, knowing of you, is Bob Marley..umm...is this love, perhaps? Well, i don´t know. Anyway, it´s quite impresive for me. I think i wouldn´t be able to do an only soundtrack for my life. I feel i will need more than a soundtrack..and perhaps more than a lifetime :)... but this is another story. Thank you for sharing it, i hope i will listen to your soundtrack, the old themes and the new ones who are about to come ;) Ciao